Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Making Memories



This is actually my favorite picture that I took....
I reminded my sister-in-law Lyn, the mother of the bride, to "take pictures with your mind" on the day of the wedding. Someone gave me that advice on my wedding day. (could even have been Lyn! I don't remember...) We didn't take very many pictures of the wedding; so many others were so it didn't seem necessary. I don't like carrying my camera around and snapping pics like crazy. I feel like I can't see, or really watch what's going on if I'm always thinking in terms of getting a shot. But I like the idea of taking pictures with your mind, because then you're holding on to moments, cherishing them in your heart.

In this picture, I walked into the "girls' room," which is where the bridesmaids and other gals changed into their beautiful dresses, and where Joy had to wait patiently, hidden from her groom's view, for the wedding to start. Joy was fiddling with her tiara, and talking to Lily....and Lily sat down because she was tired of standing...a sweet moment that I will always have in my mind, but was lucky enough to have my camera on a table nearby, so I can share it with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This image is AMAZING - it truly tells a story and captures a moment, I thought I was at a Wedding Photography website :)

~Stefanie

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about being so busy taking pictures that you don't get to enjoy the event. If I take pictures, I miss things. If I don't, I regret not having any pictures. What's a grandma to do?

Mom

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite of all family photos; no visual distractions in the photo but the focus clearly on the bride and flower girl. I can picture roles reversed in the years to come with Lily being the bride...
--Kathleen

--julie said...

thanks, Kathleen!
I just got lucky and happened to walk in and see it....I thought, oh, wow...and then looked for my camera.