Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nothing Special

So everyone in the family is out running errands this afternoon, and I'm finally home alone. It seems I should use this time really well, and yet I'm at a loss. I've piddled around a little, watered some plants outside, done some dishes and tidying, but what to do? Can't think of anything meaningful to write about, but now is the time I get. I think I'm just going to read my book.

So strange, how it took me such a long time to adjust to having time alone this school year, and now, with everyone home in the summer, I'm having trouble adjusting to not getting time alone. You just can't win living with me!

And if I can't find a satisfactory routine or plan for how to use time this summer, how can I expect the kids to do it? It's technically only our 4th day of summer, so it'll work out. But right now, this moment, I'm stuck in this spot. It's always tricky, finding the right balance between being too programmed, and too idle.....

No comments: