Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!



My friend Yves says that in France, May Day is supposed to be the day that the Lilies of the Valley bloom. Alas, mine are not quite ready, so we'll have to be happy with daffodils and tulips. And, I am happy with them!

Today, I will play this game of tag with Michelle, who tagged me a few days ago. I don't think I can obey the rules completely, as I don't know 6 people who blog! I read some big blogs, where there are gobs of comments everyday, and the authors don't know who I am...sorry about that...And if you are someone I know and have a blog that I don't know about, comment me!

OK, so here are some Random things about me:

1. I'm kind of a foody wanna' be. I watch the Food Network, worked at a specialty grocery store in high school, and I love to cook, but I am a very picky eater. I don't like my foods to touch each other on the plate, and spicy food kills me. Even mildly spicy food. But I'll happily cook things for others to eat that I wouldn't. I also eat kind of weird. I'll pick which thing on my plate I think tastes best hottest, and eat all of that thing, and then on down the line. I don't do this on purpose, it just happens.

2. My brain remembers the first 3 digits of license plates and what kind of car people drive. I really don't do this on purpose, but that vital information is locked in there. Strange, I know. I'm also pretty good at remembering phone numbers without trying.

3. I have really bad vision. One optomotrist told me I'm legally blind (that is if I don't wear my glasses or contacts) but I don't know if that's true. My correction is -6 in one eye, and -6.5 in the other.

4. Our family hosted a Soup Night in our home for five years. Once a week, October through March, I made lots of soup, and there was an open invitation for folks to came and have dinner. We invited about 25 families, no rsvp, and it was great fun! (all 25 families didn't usually show up on the same night...)

5. I have been walking every day (about 20 minutes) since Spring Break ended, and refraining from eating after 7:30pm, and my jeans still fit the same! I'm seeing NO benefit. I'm a little crabby about it.

6. I have a bachelors degree in Sociology from North Park College (now University).

I shall now tag Matt, Heidi, and Sheila.

Here are the rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know where you got the hot foods first thing, also the license plate and phone number thing. However, with age this number thing seems to slow down a bit. I like to think it has nothing to do with brain power, but more with the fact that there are just more things crowded in there as time goes by.

Mom

--julie said...

mmm-hmmm, okay....

Michelle Van Loon said...

My middle son, Ben, is finishing his junior year at North Park right now. He's majoring in Creative Writing and Philosophy.