Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What Are We Doing?!

I just heard some distressing news about a very dumb, but real, mess going on...well, I don't want to go into details because they don't matter. There are lots of messes all over the place.

I also was forwarded a video of a professor at Carnegie Mellon University's last lecture. He has pancreatic cancer, knows he's dying soon, and spoke to his students about how to live. These two things really have me thinking about what we are doing with our time.

Our time on earth is finite. (the professor said so, so I know its true) No matter what you believe, you can't argue with that. This life will come to an end. What are we doing with the time we get? Are we spending energy, time, effort, even money to fight with other people? What a waste.

I pray that I'm allowing God to use me, and that I'm investing the resources He's given me well. It's so easy to get wrapped up in conflict. And it can be so consuming. What a great reminder this morning to not waste the time I'm given.

No comments: