Wednesday, March 26, 2008

For Kris


I'm way behind in the blogging this last couple of weeks. Easter, Spring Break, blah,blah, blah. You don't want to hear my excuses. I'm behind in my reading as well. So, I'm kind of thinking others are behind, too.

We had a great visit with dear friends in town from Ohio. Yesterday, what a day for walking around and enjoying the city of Chicago! Check out Luke's cool photo of the "Bean" at Millenium Park. (it's actually called "Cloud Gate," or something like that. Have you been to see it in person? You really must. Pictures can't fully capture it.) Today we ran errands and got the boys measured for their tuxedos for the upcoming wedding. !!!! I'm NOT supposed to say that they looked cute. But I've never seen my boys in suits before, and I can't help it! They were cute.

Tonight we prepare for a quick trip--a couple of nights at a water park that we are getting on the super-cheap, in exchange for sitting through a 90-minute hard-sell for vacation properties or something or other. We've never done this before, and have been practicing saying the word "No!" Pray for us, that the 90-minutes would pass quickly, and that we don't get sucked into anything. These people are professionals, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Luke's picture is awesome! It was a beautiful day to be downtown. Glad you are having fun.

Kris